If you’re not up for Skiffing with Island Skiff then check out our other boat option with Hilton Head Mini Boat Tours. All dolphin tours and guided routes are the same as Island skiff but your just in a different style boat.
Hilton Head Skiff Dolphin Tour
- Adult Ages 13+
- Child Ages 5-12
Skiff Dolphin Tours From Hilton Head
Whether it’s your first time on the water, or you’re a seasoned pro, the best way to see dolphins and nature on Hilton Head Island is an Island Skiff Dolphin Tour.
No boating experience required on this drive-it-yourself 25–30-mile dolphin watch and nature tour. After detailed and thorough instructions on how to operate and drive your skiff, you will hit the waters. It is a great way to see Hilton Head, Bluffton, Daufuskie Island, and uninhabited stretches along the way.
Each skiff is equipped to travel up to 30 mph and is a fun and thrilling experience. The primary focus of the tour is wildlife immersion, nature education, and history appreciation. Dolphin sightings happen throughout the tour route, and you will have the opportunity to stop and capture memorable photos.
Your guide will lead you from Broad Creek Marina to Bluffton’s May River and around Bull Island. Bull Island is a privately owned and uninhabited island. It is home to local dolphin pods, nesting birds, sea otters and other Lowcountry wildlife. You will stop at Daufuskie Island, famous for its Gullah roots, beaches and historical landmarks, some dating back to the Civil War. The atmosphere of Daufuskie is known to have a timeless feel. Both a functional and decorative lighthouse will be seen on your journey, and which is which may come as surprise.
While the tour route remains consistent, no two tours are alike. Guest interactions, natural occurrences and tidal changes create a one-of-a-kind experience for each tour. Your professional guide is well versed on what to expect during each season and tide. Your guide is part of your tour, so feel free to ask questions throughout your adventure.
- 25–30-mile guided tour on a drive-it-yourself skiff boat.
- Detailed instruction on how to drive and maneuver the skiff.
- Ice cold water and dry storage on each boat.
- A collapsible Bimini top for optional sun protection and shade.
What To Know
- A tip of 15% of ticket price for your guide is customary and much appreciated.
- Passengers must be at least 5 years or older. All drivers must present a valid driver’s license upon arrival.
- No previous boat driving experience required.
- Steering style and entering/exiting the skiff have some physical restrictions. General alertness and driving capability required for your safety.
- You will be up close with wildlife but touching and feeding animals is not safe or permitted.
- Splashing can occur, so please refrain from wearing clothing or shoes that can ruin when wet. Water shoes, sandals or flip-flops encouraged.
More information About our Tours